Monday, October 23, 2017

the weekend

This weekend went by so quickly!  I think every second of it was planned out, to some extent, and I only saw my family in shifts.  The only time we were all together was Friday night, when we ate dinner at Zaxby's.  After dinner, Drew's friend came to pick him up, and they hung out together the rest of the night.  Graham, Rachel, Jonah, Noah, Todd and myself all went to Bass Pro.  Todd was on the lookout for a new pair of boots, but even after visiting that one and the other one in Memphis, he wasn't able to find a pair that he liked. 

After the second trip to Bass Pro, Graham treated us all to ice cream at Sheridan's Custard. 

It was a fun night.

The next morning, Todd, Graham and Drew all left at eight thirty to go spend the day working an event in Memphis.  They were gone all day long, and returned Sunday morning at two something.  I went and visited a friend in the hospital who had just had a baby with Missy, then came back home to finish watching a movie with Rachel.  She and Graham had gone to breakfast that morning, and instead of going back home, she came here to hang out until she went to work later that afternoon.  While they were gone, Jonah, Noah, and their friend Weston and I went out to my mom's and stepdad's house.  We ate dinner, the boys tossed around a lacrosse ball, and when it got dark outside, Bill turned on the lights on their new pergola.

It's so magical!  Bill built this himself, and it is so beautiful.  The lights add an extra special feeling of ambiance.  They even can be switched to different colors!  It was a fun night.  When it was dark enough, the boys played hide and go seek. 

I love nights like that, when the weather is cool, and the boys are all running around, being boys.  I know I've said it before, but time really does fly, and my boys are growing up like weeds, right before my eyes.  I miss the days of their younger years, when they were always playing outside with the neighborhood kiddos.  We used to have to force them to come back inside, most days!  I certainly miss all the backyard stuff too, when there would be ten boys out there, on the trampoline or the swing set.

When we got back home, the three boys headed upstairs, and I settled in to watch a couple episodes of The Good Wife.  My husband will catch up with me, eventually.  I'm a few episodes ahead of him.

Yesterday morning was church, then I came home alone afterward.  Todd and the rest of the tech team loaded up some equipment to take to a sister church of ours in Memphis, The Dwelling Place, for a night of praise and worship we were having that night.  They had lunch, then went to the church in Memphis to start setting things up.  The service was AMAZING.  I love singing praises to Jesus, and the night passed by so fast.

(This was during warm-up.)  It is so much fun to travel together as a choir, and I hope we have the chance to do it again someday. 

I was home and eating a snack by eight thirty, and when I went to bed, I crashed.  Singing wears me out!  All my people ended up back home at some point, and I'm pretty sure they all fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.  I remember talking to Todd, but my head hurt so bad that it hurt to talk too much. 

Today I am spending the day recovering, and putting my house back in order.  I have a small mountain of laundry to catch up on, and at some point, I need to leave the house to go grocery shopping.  It's a busy week again, with lots on the calendar. 

Thanks for reading!  Happy Monday to you.  Love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

unpopular opinions: the summer edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I thought I'd talk about some unpopular opinions today, but it's the summer edition. I'll jump in! Wat...